Tres Osos thanks "Temecula Thom Curry" for sharing his words of wisdom on Dispelling the myths of frying foods with Olive Oil:
Tres Osos is proud to feature Chef Brian Overhauser of Scott Harvey Wines and from time to time we will be sharing recipes Chef B has devised featuring his favorite olive oil - Tres Osos!
Further Recipes from other chef's:
Barb's Favorite Olive Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 cup TRES OSOS EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 or 2 Tbsp. Milk (or alternative milk)
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Combine sugars, vanilla, and Tres Osos extra virgin olive oil. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Gradually beat in the flour mixture, then add in 1Tbsp. of milk (to make the a dough a bit firmer, I used 1Tbsp. + 1 Teaspoon). Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Roll the dough into balls with your hands and place on a greased or lined baking sheet.
5. Press slightly with you hand or a fork.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden and set. These overbake quickly, so it's better to take them out a bit early if you are unsure. Allow to cook for a bit on the baking sheet, then move to another surface to finish cooling. ENJOY!